We are pleased to announce that our pilot program of State Representative David Friess’ Women’s Leadership Initiative was a great success. We are now in our second round and are looking for new candidates to be Mentors and Mentees.
The mission of our program is to educate, inspire, and empower the next generation of female leaders with the core values, attitudes, and skills that are the foundation of quality leadership.
Female students are eligible for participation in the Women’s Leadership Initiative if they:
- Have a referral from their Principal or School Administration.
- Are enrolled as a Senior in an area High School or enrolled in an area College or University.
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher.
The ideal applicant for the Women’s Leadership Initiative will:
- Be open to change.
- Be willing to engage in deep reflection-learning about yourself and others.
- Be committed to learning about leadership, developing leadership skills, and practicing those skills.
- Be goal-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Commit to scheduled time with your mentor for guidance and development.
For more information or to obtain an application, call David Friess’ District Office at 618-282-7284. We hope to hear from you soon!